Velocity Reviews

-   -   Dot1Q Tunneling and VLAN Translation (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t379605-dot1q-tunneling-and-vlan-translation.html)

MayaYajnik 11-08-2006 07:37 PM

Dot1Q Tunneling and VLAN Translation

Hello
Is it possible to do VLAN Translation on a VLAN which has dot1q tunnel
ports? I mean that suppose I have a customer facing port,
GigabitEthernet5/1, and I make this a dot1q tunnel port and assign it
to VLAN 200. So now the VLAN 200 carries double tagged frames. I also
have a trunk port called GigabitEthernet6/3, in the same network, which
is a core trunk port which is on VLAN 200. On this port, I want to
translate VLAN 200 to VLAN 300. Is this possible? I am using a Cisco
Catalyst 6509 with IOS 12.2SX
Please send example commands if possible.
Thank you for your help!!!

Maya

pcmccollum@N0SPAMgmail.com 11-10-2006 06:40 PM

Re: Dot1Q Tunneling and VLAN Translation

Not sure, but this might help:

http://www.riverstonenet.com/support...ation_w_l2.pdf

Phillip