Velocity Reviews

-   -   vpn client with wireless card doesn't work (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t37941-vpn-client-with-wireless-card-doesnt-work.html)

James 02-27-2005 07:54 PM

vpn client with wireless card doesn't work

how come i can connect to my corporate vpn with my cable nic but not with my
linksys wifi nic? it stops at negotiating security policies and then says
per terminated connection.

--
5khzgjf9e001@sneakemail.com

Merv 02-27-2005 10:10 PM

Re: vpn client with wireless card doesn't work

what is the topology of the wired connection?

what is the topology of the wireless connection ?

James 02-28-2005 12:42 AM

Re: vpn client with wireless card doesn't work

just a Linksys wifi NAT router and my laptop is connected to it via cat5
cable. and it has wifi capabilities that im trying to get my laptop
connected to it. with a linksys wifi pcmcia card.

news:1109542223.302620.31460@z14g2000cwz.googlegro ups.com...

Latest News 08-12-2005 09:26 PM

Re: vpn client with wireless card doesn't work

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 00:42:46 GMT, "James" <See.My.Sig@The.Bottom.com>
wrote:

>just a Linksys wifi NAT router and my laptop is connected to it via cat5
>cable. and it has wifi capabilities that im trying to get my laptop
>connected to it. with a linksys wifi pcmcia card.
>

>"Merv" <merv.hrabi@rogers.com> wrote in message
>news:1109542223.302620.31460@z14g2000cwz.googlegr oups.com...
>> what is the topology of the wired connection?
>>
>> what is the topology of the wireless connection ?

I read somewhere in this newsgroup that you need to use WEP security
enabled before your VPN connection can work over wireless.

Hope that helps.

Walter Roberson 08-12-2005 09:47 PM

Re: vpn client with wireless card doesn't work

In article <dt4qf1pd07opu38toc9pp8uda43h2l9t6t@4ax.com>,
Latest News <for_latest_news att hotmail dott com> wrote:
>I read somewhere in this newsgroup that you need to use WEP security
>enabled before your VPN connection can work over wireless.

That isn't generally true -- though it is possible that some
particular combination AP and VPN endpoint might happen to disable
VPNs if WEP is turned off.

It usually doesn't matter if someone sniffs your IPSec packets: IPSec
usually includes encryption that doesn't suffer from the WEP flaws.