Velocity Reviews

-   -   OT: Ping Neil (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t378777-ot-ping-neil.html)

Lnkwizard2 01-11-2007 05:03 PM

OT: Ping Neil

Hey Neil!!!

What's up with this. You been moonlighting again?

US Defense Dept. warns about Canadian spy coins

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16572783/?GT1=8921

SFW

JaR 01-11-2007 05:38 PM

Re: OT: Ping Neil

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:03:36 -0600, Lnkwizard2 cast into the ether:

> Hey Neil!!!
>
> What's up with this. You been moonlighting again?
>
> US Defense Dept. warns about Canadian spy coins
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16572783/?GT1=8921
>
> SFW

That whole story seems a little far fetched. How do you get the coin to
the guy in the first place? Do you have a plant working in a bar that you
know the guy will buy a drink at. and slip it in his change for a
margerita? How do ya know the guy won't just leave it on the bar for a
tip? Maybe you have someone walk up to the mark and just hand it to him.
"Here, sir, I think you dropped this in the lobby of the hotel!" Have a
pickpocket slip it in his pants on an elevator?

Uuuuh-huh.

How do you know the guy won't tip a cabbie with it 20 minutes after you
gave it to him? Or plunk it in a cigarette machine? Or just drop it in his
piggy bank when he gets home? I've got a couple loonies in mine from my
last trip to Canuckistan. Ten years ago. Fat lotta good that'd do anyone,
they probably already know the guy's address.

And as if that isn't enough, what the heck kind of transmitter are they
using that would fit in a coin, and transmit, undetected, with enough
power to track a guy from presumably many, if not hundreds of miles away?

Smells like a mackerel in the sauna, if you ask me.

--
JaR
MCNGP 22

CBIC 01-11-2007 05:42 PM

Re: OT: Ping Neil

"JaR" <jrderby@lakabux.com> wrote in message
> Smells like a mackerel in the sauna, if you ask me.

Maybe Bush is looking for a reason to make war on Canadia?

BD[MCNGP] 01-11-2007 05:49 PM

Re: OT: Ping Neil

"JaR" <jrderby@lakabux.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:03:36 -0600, Lnkwizard2 cast into the ether:

How do you know the guy's name is Mark? Huh? Are you a spy? Sent here to throw
the rest of us off the trail?! How did you know that we would be here reading
this? How did you know that it would be posted at exactly 3 minutes after the
hour? Huh? What? Got nothing to say?

I'm just sayin' ;)

--
BD
MCNGP #51

JaR 01-11-2007 05:58 PM

Re: OT: Ping Neil

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:42:09 -0600, CBIC cast into the ether:

> "JaR" <jrderby@lakabux.com> wrote in message
>> Smells like a mackerel in the sauna, if you ask me.
>>

> Maybe Bush is looking for a reason to make war on Canadia?

Might be good for a boost in the polls, at that.

Well, long as there's a good reason. F'n Kanucks, planting bugs on our
brave defense contractors!

Wave a gun at their border guards and they'll run anyway. Our guys can be
having lunch in Ottawa if they start now.

--
JaR
MCNGP 22

JaR 01-11-2007 06:05 PM

Re: OT: Ping Neil

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:49:31 -0600, cast into the ether:

> I'm just sayin' ;)

MmmmHmmm...I see.

*BD's name duly added to list*

--
JaR
MCNGP 22

Neil 01-11-2007 06:26 PM

Re: OT: Ping Neil

did you hear "Lnkwizard2" <lnk.wizard.nodots.2@hot.mail.com> say in

> Hey Neil!!!
>
> What's up with this. You been moonlighting again?
>
> US Defense Dept. warns about Canadian spy coins
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16572783/?GT1=8921
>
> SFW

excuse me, I have a couple of bucks in coin. could you give me a couple
of bills for it?

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006

- When faced by a superior opponent, cheat.

Neil 01-11-2007 06:32 PM

Re: OT: Ping Neil

did you hear JaR <jrderby@lakabux.com> say in

> On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:03:36 -0600, Lnkwizard2 cast into the ether:
>
>> Hey Neil!!!
>>
>> What's up with this. You been moonlighting again?
>>
>> US Defense Dept. warns about Canadian spy coins
>>
>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16572783/?GT1=8921
>>
>> SFW

> That whole story seems a little far fetched. How do you get the coin
> to the guy in the first place? Do you have a plant working in a bar
> that you know the guy will buy a drink at. and slip it in his change
> for a margerita? How do ya know the guy won't just leave it on the bar
> for a tip? Maybe you have someone walk up to the mark and just hand it
> to him. "Here, sir, I think you dropped this in the lobby of the
> hotel!" Have a pickpocket slip it in his pants on an elevator?
>
> Uuuuh-huh.
>
> How do you know the guy won't tip a cabbie with it 20 minutes after
> you gave it to him? Or plunk it in a cigarette machine? Or just drop
> it in his piggy bank when he gets home? I've got a couple loonies in
> mine from my last trip to Canuckistan. Ten years ago. Fat lotta good
> that'd do anyone, they probably already know the guy's address.
>
> And as if that isn't enough, what the heck kind of transmitter are
> they using that would fit in a coin, and transmit, undetected, with
> enough power to track a guy from presumably many, if not hundreds of
> miles away?
>
> Smells like a mackerel in the sauna, if you ask me.

ditto. There would be far more effective ways I am sure to track someone.
even if you were to say it's done through border crossings involving
tolls (last thing that happens in Canukistan - yes, I like that), it
might be the first thing to get turfed once home. Give it to a golf buddy
to be used as a ball marker and the next thing you know your tracking
some yockel in Bremuda on hit golf vacation.

but what do I know, RFID tags on my shoes indicate I'm in Thorold right
now (according to a NSA website)

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006

- All wiyht. Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?

Neil 01-11-2007 06:36 PM

Re: OT: Ping Neil

> Wave a gun at their border guards and they'll run anyway. Our guys can

be
> having lunch in Ottawa if they start now.

tru dat, but what's the point, you'd only increase our dollah and then
you'd have to deal with the Quebecers. Sure you'd get the oil in Alberta
(but then Bush has buddies in WHICH business? And Iraq wasn't invaded
over WHAT product? And the price of gas is HOW MUCH these days?) but the
Quebec thing will drive you guys crazy.

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006

- Sometimes you get beer, sometimes beer gets you.

BD[MCNGP] 01-11-2007 06:43 PM

Re: OT: Ping Neil

> On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:49:31 -0600, cast into the ether:
>
>> I'm just sayin' ;)

> MmmmHmmm...I see.
>
> *BD's name duly added to list*

Dambit!