Velocity Reviews

-   -   Click on link (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t378478-click-on-link.html)

Terry Towell 02-23-2007 03:36 PM

Click on link

Using a link as a copy & paste.

When i click on a link on a page to open another page (on explorer it would
remember this as if i have used copy, then the page would open & i would use
paste from there, ie. IRC channels)
This doesnt work on mozilla but does on explorer.
I know this is difficult to explain & work out, thanks anyway.
TT

Moz Champion (Dan) 02-23-2007 06:54 PM

Re: Click on link

Terry Towell wrote:
> Using a link as a copy & paste.
>
> When i click on a link on a page to open another page (on explorer it would
> remember this as if i have used copy, then the page would open & i would use
> paste from there, ie. IRC channels)
> This doesnt work on mozilla but does on explorer.
> I know this is difficult to explain & work out, thanks anyway.
> TT

Certainly is, how about providing a url where links dont do what they
are suppossed to do?

Peter Boerhof 02-24-2007 10:12 AM

Re: Click on link

Terry Towell wrote:
> Using a link as a copy & paste.
>
> When i click on a link on a page to open another page (on explorer it would
> remember this as if i have used copy, then the page would open & i would use
> paste from there, ie. IRC channels)
> This doesnt work on mozilla but does on explorer.
> I know this is difficult to explain & work out, thanks anyway.
> TT

You can try right click "copy link location"

--
Peter

Caution! The tagline you steal may be your own!

Terry Towell 02-24-2007 11:47 AM

Re: Click on link

ok, i thought it was difficult, i goto www.packetnews.com then type in a
movie name, eg. borat then click on pack no 20 (for example) & from there it
takes me to IRC (which is installed) & i should as per explorer be able to
copy & paste but i cant.
Ive tried 'copy link location' but no good.
thanks again.

Peter Boerhof 02-25-2007 03:59 PM

Re: Click on link

Terry Towell wrote:
> ok, i thought it was difficult, i goto www.packetnews.com then type in a
> movie name, eg. borat then click on pack no 20 (for example) & from there it
> takes me to IRC (which is installed) & i should as per explorer be able to
> copy & paste but i cant.
> Ive tried 'copy link location' but no good.
> thanks again.
>

> "Peter Boerhof" <boerie1_@euronet.nl> wrote in message
>> Terry Towell wrote:
>>> Using a link as a copy & paste.
>>>
>>> When i click on a link on a page to open another page (on explorer it
>>> would remember this as if i have used copy, then the page would open & i
>>> would use paste from there, ie. IRC channels)
>>> This doesnt work on mozilla but does on explorer.
>>> I know this is difficult to explain & work out, thanks anyway.
>>> TT

>> You can try right click "copy link location"
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>>
>> Caution! The tagline you steal may be your own!
>> * TagZilla 0.066 * http://tagzilla.mozdev.org

At first what Mozilla do you use the Mozilla Suite (or SeaMonkey) or
Mozilla Firefox?
When i go to your link and do the same search you suggested an click on
pack no 20 ChatZilla IRC client opens and a connection is made.
Second which Irc program do you use? It seams your Mozilla isn't correct
configured to handel the irc protocoll, otherwilse clicking on a link
would open an irc program.

--
Peter

This is more than a simple tagline. It's a hug from me.

Terry Towell 02-25-2007 08:30 PM

Re: Click on link

Im using mozilla firefox & IRC excursion, the channels open no probs but i
cant paste the packet number, but if i try it on explorer it works no
problem.
thx.

Peter Boerhof 02-26-2007 05:17 PM

Re: Click on link

Terry Towell wrote:
> Im using mozilla firefox & IRC excursion, the channels open no probs but i
> cant paste the packet number, but if i try it on explorer it works no
> problem.
> thx.
>

> "Terry Towell" <emailmehere@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> Using a link as a copy & paste.
>>
>> When i click on a link on a page to open another page (on explorer it
>> would remember this as if i have used copy, then the page would open & i
>> would use paste from there, ie. IRC channels)
>> This doesnt work on mozilla but does on explorer.
>> I know this is difficult to explain & work out, thanks anyway.
>> TT

did you try ctrl-v for copy and ctrl-c for paste ?

--
Peter

Regardless of what you may think, this is NOT a tagline

Peter Boerhof 02-26-2007 05:27 PM

Re: Click on link

Terry Towell wrote:
> Im using mozilla firefox & IRC excursion, the channels open no probs but i
> cant paste the packet number, but if i try it on explorer it works no
> problem.
> thx.
>

> "Terry Towell" <emailmehere@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> Using a link as a copy & paste.
>>
>> When i click on a link on a page to open another page (on explorer it
>> would remember this as if i have used copy, then the page would open & i
>> would use paste from there, ie. IRC channels)
>> This doesnt work on mozilla but does on explorer.
>> I know this is difficult to explain & work out, thanks anyway.
>> TT

you may also have a look at :

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Clipboard_not_working

--
Peter

Peter Boerhof 02-26-2007 05:28 PM

Re: Click on link

Peter Boerhof wrote:
> Terry Towell wrote:
>> Im using mozilla firefox & IRC excursion, the channels open no probs
>> but i cant paste the packet number, but if i try it on explorer it
>> works no problem.
>> thx.
>>

>> "Terry Towell" <emailmehere@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>> Using a link as a copy & paste.
>>>
>>> When i click on a link on a page to open another page (on explorer it
>>> would remember this as if i have used copy, then the page would open
>>> & i would use paste from there, ie. IRC channels)
>>> This doesnt work on mozilla but does on explorer.
>>> I know this is difficult to explain & work out, thanks anyway.
>>> TT
>>>

> did you try ctrl-v for copy and ctrl-c for paste ?

oops was to quick

it shoud be ctrl-c = copy ctrl-v =paste

--
Peter

This tagline eats tagl&gt;=======-

Terry Towell 02-26-2007 07:10 PM

Re: Click on link

i tried the ctrl-c = copy ctrl-v =paste trick a while ago with no luck but
didnt want to try the other delete dll file option, dont like to mess around
with that stuff, i can tolerrate it but find it annoying as to why it wont
work.
Thanks for every1s help.
TT.