Velocity Reviews

-   -   Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 (20061207) create filter from message (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t378293-thunderbird-1-5-0-9-20061207-create-filter-from-message.html)

bob from oz 12-28-2006 11:15 PM

Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 (20061207) create filter from message

is it possible to make a filter from a message that i can apply to each
newsgroup from a news account? i am sick of a certain spammer who spams
just about every group around. i'd love to knock him out with just one
message filter, applied to each of my subscribed newsgroups. thanks.

bob

Doug G 12-29-2006 12:45 AM

Re: Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 (20061207) create filter from message

bob from oz wrote:
> is it possible to make a filter from a message that i can apply to each
> newsgroup from a news account? i am sick of a certain spammer who spams
> just about every group around. i'd love to knock him out with just one
> message filter, applied to each of my subscribed newsgroups. thanks.
>
> bob

In the Message Filters window you can create a filter on the news server
by selecting the server on the "Filters for:" drop-down menu. That's
what I did for the jerk who posts the MI5 messages.

Ralph Fox 12-29-2006 08:05 AM

Re: Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 (20061207) create filter from message

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 23:15:00 GMT, in message <TdYkh.186426$Ea5.43075@fe05.news.easynews.com>,
bob from oz wrote:

> is it possible to make a filter from a message that i can apply to each
> newsgroup from a news account?

Did you try "Message -> Create Filter from Message" ?

> i am sick of a certain spammer who spams
> just about every group around. i'd love to knock him out with just one
> message filter, applied to each of my subscribed newsgroups. thanks.

If it is the MI5 fruitcake who you are thinking of, then
I filter on: subject, begins with, MI5 Persecution:

--
Cheers,
Ralph

bob from oz 12-30-2006 02:15 AM

Doug G wrote:
> In the Message Filters window you can create a filter on the news server
> by selecting the server on the "Filters for:" drop-down menu. That's
> what I did for the jerk who posts the MI5 messages.

thanks a lot. that's exactly what i need, and why i need it. stupid MI5.
i wish they'd just get him and finish it.

bob

bob from oz 12-30-2006 02:17 AM

Ralph Fox wrote:
>> is it possible to make a filter from a message that i can apply to each
>> newsgroup from a news account?

> Did you try "Message -> Create Filter from Message" ?

yeah, i don't think i made my message too clear. that's exactly what i
want, but i want it for ALL of my newsgroups in one fell swoop, which
the above won't do.

>> i am sick of a certain spammer who spams
>> just about every group around. i'd love to knock him out with just one
>> message filter, applied to each of my subscribed newsgroups. thanks.

> If it is the MI5 fruitcake who you are thinking of, then
> I filter on: subject, begins with, MI5 Persecution:

:-) seems like this dick is the latest playa. see Doug G's reply for a
workable answer. thanks.

bob

Ralph Fox 12-31-2006 10:03 AM

Re: Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 (20061207) create filter from message

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 02:17:02 GMT, in message <y_jlh.75359$V12.63924@fe07.news.easynews.com>,
bob from oz wrote:

> Ralph Fox wrote:
>>> is it possible to make a filter from a message that i can apply to
>>> each newsgroup from a news account?

>> Did you try "Message -> Create Filter from Message" ?

> yeah, i don't think i made my message too clear. that's exactly what i
> want, but i want it for ALL of my newsgroups in one fell swoop, which
> the above won't do.

You are correct; I just checked. It sets up the filter to be
for the one newsgroup, and unfortunately there is no easy way
to edit the filter to make it apply to the entire news server
account.

>>> i am sick of a certain spammer who spams just about every group
>>> around. i'd love to knock him out with just one message filter,
>>> applied to each of my subscribed newsgroups. thanks.

>> If it is the MI5 fruitcake who you are thinking of, then
>> I filter on: subject, begins with, MI5 Persecution:

> :-) seems like this dick is the latest playa. see Doug G's reply for a
> workable answer. thanks.

It is.