computer authentication fails to wireless network and domain.
I have several XP tablets that logon to the domain via a wireless network.
The tablets receive startup and logon scripts as well as managed software
installation like Office. Oh, I also configured the registry so the wireless
tablets wait for a network connection before processing group policies.
Wireless Authentication Process:
1. The tablet authenticates to the wireless network using the computer
2. The tablet applies computer policies.
3. The user will logon at the <ctrl> + <alt> + <del> prompt.
4. The tablet re-authenticates to the wireless network using the user account.
5. The tablet applies user policies.
Lately I have noticed some of the tablet PCs fail the wireless network
authentication using the computer account, however they can connect to the
wireless network using the user account when a Windows logon is initiated.
As a result managed software like Office will automatically uninstall as if
the computer has fallen out of the scope of management.
My only guess is that the tablets have not been able to update/reset the
computer account in Active Directory.
Does anyone have any thoughts on why it is happening and how to keep it from
|All times are GMT. The time now is 11:02 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.