Velocity Reviews

-   -   Unable To Retain Wireless Configurations (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t378119-unable-to-retain-wireless-configurations.html)

=?Utf-8?B?RGVhY29u?= 02-11-2007 12:04 PM

Unable To Retain Wireless Configurations

In order to get my wireless connection to work, I have had to select the 'Use
Windows To Configure My Wireless Network Settings' within the Wireless
Networks tab and start the Wireless Zero Configuration within Settings
(Local). When I turn the computer off, these settings are lost and I have to
repeat this exercise everytime I turn the computer on. How do I permanently
retain these settings?

=?Utf-8?B?bmFzcw==?= 02-11-2007 12:28 PM

RE: Unable To Retain Wireless Configurations

"Deacon" wrote:

> In order to get my wireless connection to work, I have had to select the 'Use
> Windows To Configure My Wireless Network Settings' within the Wireless
> Networks tab and start the Wireless Zero Configuration within Settings
> (Local). When I turn the computer off, these settings are lost and I have to
> repeat this exercise everytime I turn the computer on. How do I permanently
> retain these settings?

I recently had this issue with a client, how installed the Wireless
manufacturer Utility to manage the connection, while the Windows Zero
configuration (WZC) was ON.
Both the manufacturer and WZC were conflicting and making the Wireless lose
on start or after a while.
Try to Disable the WZC if you have the wireless Adapter/USB or whatever kind
of wireless manufacturer utility installed and Also be sure the Wireless
Utility for the manufacturer is Auto running in the servcies.
If you have just the windows Wireless utility to manage the wireless
connection then proceed:

Try this:
Open a Run Command and type in:
services.msc click [OK].
On the services control Panel scroll down to Windows Zero Wireless
configuration and Be sure the service to start Automatically instead of
manually.
Click Ok then close the services control panel window and Reboot and see if
the service will hold it's settings to Auto.
If not then try this Key in the Registry:
Open Run and type in:
regedit.exe click OK and on the Registry Editor Locate this key and change
the value in the Right Pane/window to (2):
[-]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\WZCSVC =

[ON]Start REG_DWORD 0x00000002 (2)

[-]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\wscsvc =

ON]Start REG_DWORD 0x00000004 (4)

Be warrend back or write down the settings before and after the editing, if
any thing gone wrong you can restore back.
HTH.
Regards,
nass
------------
www.nasstec.co.uk

=?Utf-8?B?RGVhY29u?= 02-12-2007 07:34 PM

RE: Unable To Retain Wireless Configurations

How do I ascertain whether the Wireless Manfacturer utility is being utilised?

=?Utf-8?B?bmFzcw==?= 02-12-2007 07:59 PM

RE: Unable To Retain Wireless Configurations

You can look in the programs, usually if something like Netgear or belkin
will show you a monitor (which why they call Wireless Monitoring utility) and
see if it there, as I don't know your wireless Brand/Manufacturer name I
can't see it is integrated into your system and Windows is the Utility
monitoring it.
Did you install the software for it when you installed it?.
HTH.
Regards,
nass

=?Utf-8?B?RGVhY29u?= 02-13-2007 08:51 AM

RE: Unable To Retain Wireless Configurations

Thanks.

It's a Netscape router provided by AOL therefore the original set-up was via
the disk supplied by AOL.

The set-up failed at stage 5 of 5 and I have since been trying to rectify
the problem myself.

When I have been through to the AOL helpdesk they have taken me through the
Windows configurations but, as you have said, there is obviously a conflict
somewhere.

Appreciate your help.

=?Utf-8?B?RGVhY29u?= 02-13-2007 10:00 AM

RE: Unable To Retain Wireless Configurations

Sorry - that's NetGear not NetScape and it's a DG834G

nagaraj.sadaram@gmail.com 02-13-2007 11:05 AM

On Feb 11, 5:04 pm, Deacon <Dea...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> In order to get mywirelessconnection to work, I have had to select the 'Use
> Windows To Configure MyWirelessNetwork Settings' within theWireless
> Networks tab and start theWirelessZero Configuration within Settings
> (Local). When I turn the computer off, these settings are lost and I have to
> repeat this exercise everytime I turn the computer on. How do I permanently
> retain these settings?

>> Just perform these stpes:

Step1: Create a batch file from the following steps:

1. Click on Start
2. Click on Run
3. Type notepad and click on OK
4. Notepad file opens
5. Type the following text in the notepad

net start wzcsvc

6. Click on file menu, select the save option'
7. Under the filename type wbt.bat and click on save button
8. Save the file to desktop and copy the file
9. Open My Computer
10. Open C drive
11. Open Documents and settings
12. Open All Users
13. Open start menu
14. Open Programs
15. Open Startup
16. Copy the file in this startup folder
17. Restart the notebook.
---------------------

Step2: To work around this problem, use one of the following methods:

Restart your computer.
Put your computer in hibernation, and then resume your computer from
hibernation.

Restarting the Wireless Zero Configuration service:
a. Right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
b. Double-click Services and Applications, and then click Services.
c. In the right pane, click Wireless Zero Configuration.
d. On the Action menu, click Stop, and then click Start.
---------------------

Step3: For more information, please refer the below web links:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp

=?Utf-8?B?RGVhY29u?= 02-13-2007 02:50 PM

RE: Unable To Retain Wireless Configurations

Problem sorted and everything working - thanks for your help

=?Utf-8?B?bmFzcw==?= 02-13-2007 06:11 PM

RE: Unable To Retain Wireless Configurations

You are welcome and glad it sorted out,thanks for letting us know.
Good luck.
Regards,
nass

j .mc connell 03-03-2007 11:21 AM

wzc wiil not start automatically (although set toautomatic) after reboot

wzc failing to start after reboot

http://www.eggheadcafe.com