Velocity Reviews

-   -   Laptop wireless problems in Vista (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t377947-laptop-wireless-problems-in-vista.html)

=?Utf-8?B?S2F6?= 01-20-2007 09:10 AM

Laptop wireless problems in Vista

My problem is that when starting up my laptop it does not automatically
connect to the network. This has begun since installing vista rtm. It began
as an intermittent problem but now is constant. I have no problems manually
connecting and the connection stays up with no problems once connected. The
wireless adaptor is Intel pro 3945abg with the latest drivers the
modem/router is a linksys wag54gv2 and the laptop is a Sony Vaio vgnfe28gp.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pavel A. 01-21-2007 05:40 AM

Re: Laptop wireless problems in Vista

"Kaz" <Kaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC2E002F-7DB0-4D5C-8D4C-7380DBC11F09@microsoft.com...
> My problem is that when starting up my laptop it does not automatically
> connect to the network. This has begun since installing vista rtm. It began
> as an intermittent problem but now is constant. I have no problems manually
> connecting and the connection stays up with no problems once connected. The
> wireless adaptor is Intel pro 3945abg with the latest drivers the
> modem/router is a linksys wag54gv2 and the laptop is a Sony Vaio vgnfe28gp.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can you post the version of 3945abg driver and what are
settings of your router (A/G? encryption type? )

--PA

=?Utf-8?B?S2F6?= 01-21-2007 07:01 AM

Re: Laptop wireless problems in Vista

I have fixed the problem since my original post, other software I had
instsalled was interfering with my wireless. All is now working as it should.