Velocity Reviews

-   -   Password protection (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t377944-password-protection.html)

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?= 01-19-2007 09:40 PM

Password protection

There are 4 machines wirelessly networked. My brother has 2 running Linux
and I have 2 running XP. He can easily restrict me from accessing his
machines but for the life of me I can't see how I can do the same in XP to
only allow my own 2 machines to access each other by password protection.

Can anybody help please?

--
Puzzled person

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 01-19-2007 09:51 PM

Re: Password protection

Hi
This two pages explain the level of permissions and how to set users in
Windows XP.
In addition if you have additional Software Firewall on each computer, you
can ban his IPs form accessing your computers.
Jack (MVP-Networking).