Velocity Reviews

-   -   wireless connection can not see other computer in the network (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t377925-wireless-connection-can-not-see-other-computer-in-the-network.html)

=?Utf-8?B?YmluZw==?= 01-17-2007 05:07 AM

wireless connection can not see other computer in the network

I have DSL modem and connected to a router which have 5 port. 1 port
connected to a DSL MODEM and the 4 port is for LAN. 3 laptop are connected
wireless and it is working fine but my problem is my three wireless laptop
can not see each other I can ping my one laptop but the rest I can't.
Want also to know if how many wireless connection can I use to my 5 port
router which 1 port is connected to my DSL modem. Do i limited to 4 wireless
connection only for i have only 4 port on my router?

David Hettel 01-17-2007 03:54 PM

Re: wireless connection can not see other computer in the network

Well you'll have to read your router manual, but the router, or if you have
enabled 'MAC address filtering' is generally what determines the limit on
your wireless router. Generally speaking if your subnet mask is
255.255.255.0 a home user will not need to worry about how many computers
they can connect at one time. The limit will be do to the bandwidth you have
from your ISP and how long you are willing to wait to update pages. The more
users you have trying to simultaneous accessing the Internet, the slower it
will be for all users.

I would suggest you look at the firewall rules for the laptops. Your local
IP address range is most likely not approved in the firewall.

--
David Hettel

E-mail or news groups.

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

no rights.

Jim 01-17-2007 04:16 PM

Re: wireless connection can not see other computer in the network

"bing" <bing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have DSL modem and connected to a router which have 5 port. 1 port
> connected to a DSL MODEM and the 4 port is for LAN. 3 laptop are connected
> wireless and it is working fine but my problem is my three wireless laptop
> can not see each other I can ping my one laptop but the rest I can't.
> Want also to know if how many wireless connection can I use to my 5 port
> router which 1 port is connected to my DSL modem. Do i limited to 4
> wireless
> connection only for i have only 4 port on my router?

Ping not working is usually the result of an improperly configured firewall.
It isn't passing ICMP packets.
The number of wired ports on your router have nothing to do with the number
of wireless connections that the router may create.
Jim

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 01-17-2007 10:23 PM

Re: wireless connection can not see other computer in the network

Hi
The number of computers, both Wireless and Wired that can work of a Wireless
Router usually cab exceed one hundred, so this is not a worry. Sharing
Files is not a matter of Wire or Wireless it is a matter of File Sharing
Configuration.
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
to be shared.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

Howard Huntley 01-22-2007 02:57 AM

Re: wireless connection can not see other computer in the network

Are they all members of the same Workgroup or domaine??

Howard Huntley 01-23-2007 08:15 PM

Re: wireless connection can not see other computer in the network

Check your windows firewall