Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cant not use WAP (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t377876-cant-not-use-wap.html)

=?Utf-8?B?YWJj?= 01-13-2007 10:07 AM

Cant not use WAP

Dear All,
I am using WAP-ASK for my Router and i am using Win XP Pro SP2, but i
wouldnt connect through wireless under WAP and normally there are WEP and WAP
for my choice in wireless device. I got this problem on my other computer in
the past, but it fixed automaticly, any advice for me please? I am using
Toshiba Portege 2010 serice, mobile Intel (R) Pentium (R)III CPU , Toshiba
Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card.

Thx all

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 01-13-2007 09:05 PM

Re: Cant not use WAP

Hi
From the weakest to the Strongest..
No Security
MAC
WEP
WPA-PSK
WPA-AES
WPA2
May be this can Help - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
The security must be set according to lowest capable Wireless component.
I.e. even most of you Wireless components are capable to do WPA2, but one
device is only capable to do WEP, the whole system must be configured to
WEP.
Jack (MVP-Networking).