Velocity Reviews

-   -   Specify bit position in array of vectors (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t377617-specify-bit-position-in-array-of-vectors.html)

Shannon 02-09-2007 06:31 PM

Specify bit position in array of vectors

Gosh, it didn't take long for me to need help again! I promise this
is my last question for awhile.

I have four books on VHDL and Google didn't help.

How do I specify a bit position in an array of std_logic_vectors?

TYPE arraytype IS ARRAY (0 TO 8) OF STD_LOGIC_VECTOR(7 DOWNTO 0);
SIGNAL foo : std_logic;
SIGNAL big_array : arraytype;

foo <= big_array(5,2); -- yes I know this is wrong. What is the
syntax to pick bit #2 of big_array(5)?

Thanks again!

Shannon

weber 02-09-2007 08:05 PM

Re: Specify bit position in array of vectors

On 9 fev, 15:31, "Shannon" <sgo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Gosh, it didn't take long for me to need help again! I promise this
> is my last question for awhile.
>
> I have four books on VHDL and Google didn't help.
>
> How do I specify a bit position in an array of std_logic_vectors?
>
> TYPE arraytype IS ARRAY (0 TO 8) OF STD_LOGIC_VECTOR(7 DOWNTO 0);
> SIGNAL foo : std_logic;
> SIGNAL big_array : arraytype;

> foo <= big_array(5,2); -- yes I know this is wrong. What is the
> syntax to pick bit #2 of big_array(5)?
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Shannon

Isn't it big_array(5)(2) ?
Can't imagine another way!
Cheers
weber

Shannon 02-09-2007 09:38 PM

On Feb 9, 12:05 pm, "weber" <hug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9 fev, 15:31, "Shannon" <sgo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

> > Gosh, it didn't take long for me to need help again! I promise this
> > is my last question for awhile.

> > I have four books on VHDL and Google didn't help.

> > How do I specify a bit position in an array of std_logic_vectors?

> > TYPE arraytype IS ARRAY (0 TO 8) OF STD_LOGIC_VECTOR(7 DOWNTO 0);
> > SIGNAL foo : std_logic;
> > SIGNAL big_array : arraytype;

> > foo <= big_array(5,2); -- yes I know this is wrong. What is the
> > syntax to pick bit #2 of big_array(5)?

> > Thanks again!

> > Shannon

> Isn't it big_array(5)(2) ?
> Can't imagine another way!
> Cheers
> weber- Hide quoted text -

Yep. That did it. (I imagined all kinds of ways! None of them
correct...hehehe)

Thanks,
Shannon