Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wireless access permissions (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t377291-wireless-access-permissions.html)

=?Utf-8?B?TWFya2tra2t5IE1hcms=?= 12-17-2006 01:18 PM

Wireless access permissions

I have set up my laptop with a number of user accounts. I have since set up a
wireless router for my interent connection. When I look at network
connections on the laptop it shows the wireless connection and when logged in
as admin if I right click on this connection it gives me the enable option.
However, if logged in as a non admin user the enable option is greyed out and
the wireless connection can not be used.
I would be very grateful for any advise.

Pavel A. 12-17-2006 03:53 PM

Re: Wireless access permissions

"Markkkkky Mark" <Markkkkky Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have set up my laptop with a number of user accounts. I have since set up a
> wireless router for my interent connection. When I look at network
> connections on the laptop it shows the wireless connection and when logged in
> as admin if I right click on this connection it gives me the enable option.
> However, if logged in as a non admin user the enable option is greyed out and
> the wireless connection can not be used.
> I would be very grateful for any advise.

This is the correct, normal behavior of Windows.
Only admin can enable or disable network adapters.
If you need to use the wireless, just leave it enabled so it can be used.

--PA