Velocity Reviews

-   -   Quirks or Settings? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t376983-quirks-or-settings.html)

SG 12-04-2006 04:37 PM

Quirks or Settings?

Hi, long time listener, first time caller

FF build 1.5.0.8

Occasionally, FF already running but minimized, when clicking links from
other progs, OE, Agent, etc....FF restores but not at full screen, it
sometimes restores half screen, other times it's normal full screen,
maybe once out of ten or twenty times and it doesn't seem to
discriminate,not a big deal but a little irritating.

When FF is first launched, after a reboot or fresh start etc., I have
Google as one of the home pages, typing in a search word or phrase
brings up the drop down of the list of recently searched terms, but only
for the first initial search, once I browse around other pages and go
back to Google the drop down does not reappear and won't until a fresh
start of FF.

Why doesn't AutoFill for forms or login/pw entries work with all sites,
Yahoo login for example? Some way the pages are coded I suppose.

I listen to streaming audio in the morning
http://www.q95.com/cc-common/streami...?refreshed=yes
It is coded to pop up in a window if you were to go through the proper
links but I just copied the link and force it to a tab. If I
accidentally close the tab FF must be totally restarted to get the
stream back, but if I leave the tab active and use play and stop on the
player the connection remains. Why doesn't just launching again in a new
tab establish connection without rebooting FF?

Thanks for taking my questions, I'll hang up and listen to your answers.

Heavens.To.Murgatroid@gmail.com 12-04-2006 05:29 PM

Re: Quirks or Settings?

SG wrote:
> Hi, long time listener, first time caller
>

> FF build 1.5.0.8
>

> Occasionally, FF already running but minimized, when clicking links from
> other progs, OE, Agent, etc....FF restores but not at full screen, it
> sometimes restores half screen, other times it's normal full screen,
> maybe once out of ten or twenty times and it doesn't seem to
> discriminate,not a big deal but a little irritating.

don't minimize. Its a known problem. Just keep FF running behind the
other programs, but don't minimize it.

> Why doesn't AutoFill for forms or login/pw entries work with all sites,
> Yahoo login for example? Some way the pages are coded I suppose.

some sites, such as Yahoo, have turned off the automatic saving of
passwords. You might get away with using the remember password
bookmarklet:
http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarkle...ember_password

> Thanks for taking my questions, I'll hang up and listen to your answers.

it would have been better to ask one question per posting instead of 4.