Velocity Reviews

-   Hardware (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f5-hardware.html)
-   -   Cisco 1800 NAT problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t376578-cisco-1800-nat-problem.html)

azrael 11-22-2006 01:17 PM

Cisco 1800 NAT problem

Hi,

I've got a Cisco 1801 connected to ADSL. I'm having problems with my NAT - it seems to come to a halt after a few minutes when I have a torrent running. I know p2p opens up a lot of connections - but surely it should be able to cope? What can I do? After a few minutes of downloading any torrent I can not open any websites on any of my machines. If I do a clear nat translations * then it's fine again. I also seem to be getting alot of NAT misses (I'm not sure what is normal.).

My bittorrent client is configured to establish connections on tcp port 52000. So on my cisco I've got the following:

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.254 52000 interface Dialer1 52000

with vlan1 and fastethernet0 on the inside and dialer1 on the outside.

After roughly 30 minutes my show ip nat stat looks like this:

Total active translations: 787 (0 static, 787 dynamic; 786 extended)
Outside interfaces:
Dialer1, Virtual-Access1
Inside interfaces:
FastEthernet0, Vlan1
Hits: 157142 Misses: 8461
CEF Translated packets: 133639, CEF Punted packets: 44141
Expired translations: 7885
Dynamic mappings:
-- Inside Source
[Id: 1] access-list 1 interface Dialer1 refcount 12
Queued Packets: 0

....and I cannot open up any sites, but the torrent is still going full speed - as is my open remote desktop connection.

Any ideas?

Thank you!