Velocity Reviews

-   -   adapter not connected? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t376569-adapter-not-connected.html)

T5 11-22-2006 08:47 AM

adapter not connected?

I am using a Netgear wireless modem router DG834PN 108 wireless b/g MIMO, I
have three pc's and one laptop that are using a 128bit wireless encrypted
network however one of the pc's (using a netgear rangemax usb 2.0 adapter
keeps telling me that my device is not connected even though it is plugged
into the back of the pc and the blue light is flashing. when I run the
software, it picks up the network and gives a strong signal then it drops
the signal and carries on scanning again and again. I have enabled access to
this pc in the access settings of the router but still it says that it is
not connected. I have used ipconfig and it says that media is disconnected,
what do I do?

David Hettel 11-22-2006 11:29 AM

Re: adapter not connected?

You have said that you have enabled access to this pc in the access settings
of the router. That sounds like you are using a MAC access control list as a
security settings. On this pc I'd suggest that you go | Start | Run | CMD
{Enter} | ipconfig /all | and compare the Physical Address listed to what
you have enter in the wireless router, sometimes the printed value on a card
is wrong. It sounds to me as if you have a security value set wrong.

--
David Hettel

E-mail or news groups.

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com