Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cant see other computer in workgroup (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t376423-cant-see-other-computer-in-workgroup.html)

=?Utf-8?B?cnJ2b2xr?= 11-18-2006 06:09 PM

Cant see other computer in workgroup

I have two computers running windows xp pro.

Both firewalls are disabled

Am using 2 wireless pci adapters, set up in a ad hoc peer to peer network to
which the both successfully connect

Both PCs are members of the same workgroup

On each PC in the workgroups folder, it does not show the other pc in the
workgroup!

How can this be corrected?

David Hettel 11-18-2006 08:19 PM

Re: Cant see other computer in workgroup

I believe you might need to enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP for that to work and
it may take up to 15 minutes for it to appear.

On the PC right click on the NIC in Network Connections | then Properties |
Scroll down to Internet Protocol highlight it, then click properties | Click
Advance | Click WINS (tab) | Check "Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP" | Click OK |
Click OK | Click Close | Click X

--
David Hettel

E-mail or news groups.

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

no rights.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 11-18-2006 09:12 PM

Re: Cant see other computer in workgroup

Hi
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
to be shared.
Jack (MVP-Networking).VP-Networking).

=?Utf-8?B?cnJ2b2xr?= 11-19-2006 09:36 PM

Re: Cant see other computer in workgroup

That got me a little further , now in the workgroup:

computer A can only see computer A

computer B can see computer A and Computer B, but computer B gets "access
denied errors" when trying to access computer A.

Both systems have the "Computer Browser" Service running.

What would cause this?