Velocity Reviews

-   -   VLAN routing and bridging problem on a c2600 usig IRB (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t376217-vlan-routing-and-bridging-problem-on-a-c2600-usig-irb.html)

dinghy 11-15-2006 12:23 PM

VLAN routing and bridging problem on a c2600 usig IRB

I've got a workstation that I want to connect to a remote host through two c2600 routers. The workstation knows its IP address and netmask only so I must use VLANs. I created a subinterface (fasteth 0/0.1) of the ethernet port and put it into a bridge-group. I also created a subinterface (ser 0/1.1) of the serial 1 but I can't put in into the same bridge group that the ethernet interface is in. The only serial port I can put into the group is the 0/1. It seems to me that it's impossible to bridge these two subinterfaces. The serial interface that I can bridge is the 0/1 only? I want to use the subinterfaces for VLANs but I want to keep the ser 0/1 as well. Is it possible? Here is the config:

bridge irb
!

interface FastEthernet0/0
ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 255.255.255.224
speed 100
full-duplex
!
interface FastEthernet0/0.1
encapsulation dot1Q 32
bridge-group 1
!

interface Serial0/1
bandwidth 128
ip address yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy 255.255.255.0
bridge-group 1
!
interface Serial0/1.1
ip address zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz 255.255.255.252
!

bridge 1 protocol ieee
bridge 1 route ip
!