Velocity Reviews

-   -   Anyone know what is going on with mozilla.support.firefox? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t376029-anyone-know-what-is-going-on-with-mozilla-support-firefox.html)

occam 11-12-2006 07:39 PM

Anyone know what is going on with mozilla.support.firefox?

I have been unable to connect to either

mozilla.support.firefox or
mozilla.support.thunderbird

int he last 3-4 days.

Is it just me or is there something wrong with the giganews host?

SteveG 11-12-2006 08:28 PM

Re: Anyone know what is going on with mozilla.support.firefox?

occam wrote:
> I have been unable to connect to either
>
> mozilla.support.firefox or
> mozilla.support.thunderbird
>
> int he last 3-4 days.
>
> Is it just me or is there something wrong with the giganews host?

It was working fine earlier today

--
Regards

Steve G

Tony Raven 11-12-2006 09:24 PM

occam wrote on 12/11/2006 19:39 +0100:
> I have been unable to connect to either
>
> mozilla.support.firefox or
> mozilla.support.thunderbird
>
> int he last 3-4 days.
>
> Is it just me or is there something wrong with the giganews host?

Something wrong with your news host. Its been fine and I've been
reading them both over the last few days. You've not missed much
though. They had a major troll attack and one of the Moz Champions
compounded it by posting Do Not Post replies to all the troll posts.

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci

occam 11-12-2006 09:47 PM

Tony Raven wrote:
> occam wrote on 12/11/2006 19:39 +0100:
>> I have been unable to connect to either
>>
>> mozilla.support.firefox or
>> mozilla.support.thunderbird
>>
>> int he last 3-4 days.
>>
>> Is it just me or is there something wrong with the giganews host?

> Something wrong with your news host. Its been fine and I've been
> reading them both over the last few days. You've not missed much
> though. They had a major troll attack and one of the Moz Champions
> compounded it by posting Do Not Post replies to all the troll posts.

Thats strange because I have no problem with the rest of the news groups
- alt.fan.mozilla (:-), msnews.microsoft.com, etc.

I have tried www.giganews.com (the host) and that gives me 'connection
to the server was reset, try later'.

Strange.

Tony Raven 11-12-2006 11:05 PM

occam wrote on 12/11/2006 21:47 +0100:

> Thats strange because I have no problem with the rest of the news groups
> - alt.fan.mozilla (:-), msnews.microsoft.com, etc.
>
> I have tried www.giganews.com (the host) and that gives me 'connection
> to the server was reset, try later'.

Don't know about you but I use different news servers for them. For
alt.fan.mozilla and other standard newsgroups I use news.individual.net
which is a Usenet news server but for mozilla.support.firefox &
thunderbird I use the news.mozilla.org server.

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci

occam 11-12-2006 11:19 PM

Tony Raven wrote:
> occam wrote on 12/11/2006 21:47 +0100:
>>
>> Thats strange because I have no problem with the rest of the news
>> groups - alt.fan.mozilla (:-), msnews.microsoft.com, etc.
>>
>> I have tried www.giganews.com (the host) and that gives me 'connection
>> to the server was reset, try later'.
>>

> Don't know about you but I use different news servers for them. For
> alt.fan.mozilla and other standard newsgroups I use news.individual.net
> which is a Usenet news server but for mozilla.support.firefox &
> thunderbird I use the news.mozilla.org server.

news.mozilla.org .. is the server I use. (I thought I saw somewhere on
the mozilla site that this is hosted by giganews.com, hence my
reference above.)

http://www.mozilla.org/support/

(under Newsgroup it says
"Mozilla newsgroups are provided and hosted by Giganews Newsgroups."
which points to www.giganews.com )

Mumia W. (reading news) 11-12-2006 11:43 PM

On 11/12/2006 03:47 PM, occam wrote:

> [...] I have no problem with the rest of the news groups
> - alt.fan.mozilla (:-), msnews.microsoft.com, etc.
>
> I have tried www.giganews.com (the host) and that gives me 'connection
> to the server was reset, try later'.
>
> Strange.

The correct host to access the Mozilla newsgroups is news.mozilla.org.

--
paduille.4060.mumia.w@earthlink.net

Mozilla Champion (Dan) 11-13-2006 06:59 AM

Tony Raven wrote:
> occam wrote on 12/11/2006 19:39 +0100:
>> I have been unable to connect to either
>>
>> mozilla.support.firefox or
>> mozilla.support.thunderbird
>>
>> int he last 3-4 days.
>>
>> Is it just me or is there something wrong with the giganews host?

> Something wrong with your news host. Its been fine and I've been
> reading them both over the last few days. You've not missed much
> though. They had a major troll attack and one of the Moz Champions
> compounded it by posting Do Not Post replies to all the troll posts.

I resemble that remark <g>

occam 11-13-2006 08:49 AM

Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
> Tony Raven wrote:
>> occam wrote on 12/11/2006 19:39 +0100:
>>> I have been unable to connect to either
>>>
>>> mozilla.support.firefox or
>>> mozilla.support.thunderbird
>>>
>>> int he last 3-4 days.
>>>
>>> Is it just me or is there something wrong with the giganews host?

>> Something wrong with your news host. Its been fine and I've been
>> reading them both over the last few days. You've not missed much
>> though. They had a major troll attack and one of the Moz Champions
>> compounded it by posting Do Not Post replies to all the troll posts.
>>

> I resemble that remark <g>

You 'resemble'? If you resent the remark, why the grin? :-)
In the meantime, I still cannot access mozilla.support.thunderbird -
which frustrates me, as this Saturday I ditched OE and Installed TB
1.5.0.8.

'Where are all the support groups when you really need them' is a
paraphrase of a well known complaint about policemen.

Tony Raven 11-13-2006 09:27 AM

http://groups.google.com/group/mozil....firefox?hl=en
http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...nderbird?hl=en

--