Velocity Reviews

-   -   Account lock out and Mapped drives (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t375930-account-lock-out-and-mapped-drives.html)

=?Utf-8?B?QW5hbnQ=?= 11-10-2006 01:10 PM

Account lock out and Mapped drives

Hi Anant here,

I have set a account lock-out policy of 2 attempts on my 2003 Active
Directory server.
I mapped one shared folder for a user with read & write permission.
Later he informed that he cannot open the mapped drive.
i logged out and tried to log-in again.
But i was stunned with the message Windows poped up.
It was saying ' Your account is locked; contact your Administrator for
further assistance'

My Question is how it can happen that user could log in but denied access to
mapped drive located on server ? and later when i attempted to login it says
your account is locked out.

Terence Rabe 11-10-2006 03:42 PM

Re: Account lock out and Mapped drives

- What client operating system is he using?

- Is he using a laptop?

- Is he using wireless?

Terence
---