Velocity Reviews

-   -   MSI GeForce 8800GTS is here - Hello DX10 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t375815-msi-geforce-8800gts-is-here-hello-dx10.html)

Silverstrand 11-08-2006 04:03 PM

MSI GeForce 8800GTS is here - Hello DX10

QUOTE: "G80 is clearly the most anticipated GPU update for nVidia for quite some time now and unless you have been living under a rock, you would know why. Previous generation cards like the GeForce 7800 and 7900 series have been more of a speed increase then anything else. While we have seen implementation of new graphics technology built into them they are nothing near as major as what the new GeForce 8800 series brings with it today. DirectX 10 is going to be the platform for gaming over the next few years.

There are two sides of arguments to the 8800 series - both of which make a very good point. Those who felt that buying the previous generation top cards wasn’t a waste of money, because while the 8800 line up was coming out with DX10 support (which of course is such a major leap), how long was it going to be until we actually see DX10 technology implemented into games? While the other side felt that the 8800 was not only going to bring increased DX9 performance but also support for DX10."

For more information, please visit - http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/977/