Velocity Reviews

-   -   Studying for exam: Smartcard question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t375546-studying-for-exam-smartcard-question.html)

Wingnut 11-03-2006 12:39 AM

Studying for exam: Smartcard question

Hi, I have a question I hope some of you could answer for me.

Say you require smart card authentication for server administration and
you have an enterprise CA configured and have enrolled each
administrative account for a smart card certificate.

1) Could you put a smart card reader on ther administrators workstation
computer for them to use to administer the servers remotely?
2) If you configured the Default Domain Policy GPO to require smart
cards for interactive logons...wouldnt that affect all
accounts/computers in the domain?
3) if you configured each administrators account to require a smart
card for interactive logon that would affect them logging on from
anywhere, not just the servers correct?

Thanks for your help in advance!