Velocity Reviews

-   General Computer Support (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f44-general-computer-support.html)
-   -   Pulling jpg files off my Olympus D-490 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t375534-pulling-jpg-files-off-my-olympus-d-490-a.html)

dgoddard 11-02-2006 06:33 PM

Pulling jpg files off my Olympus D-490

I am recovering from a computer crash and I need the software to pull the files off my SERIAL connected Olympus D-490. I don' want a bunch of software that will process the files for me. I just want enough to transfer the images from the camera to the hard disk and nothing more.

I already have the olympus32.exe program that used to do this, but it keeps protesting "Cannot Load Olympus TWAIN data source ...." if I knew what that meant.

I have another computer on which this software is installed and working fine.

My operating system is Win2k Pro.

Can anybody tell me where to get the software that will do this for me without me having to get a confusing package of sombody's idea of software that they think I need that I really don't want.

Frustrated !!!

dgoddard 11-02-2006 07:22 PM

I just remembered....

It occured to me that I was not particularly impressed with The Olympus Camedia 2/0 software and was using the downloader from my earlier camera which I believe was a D 320 or 360 or something like that. The downloader worked just fine. The Camedia software just gets in the way of my using photoshop and wastes disk space.

dgoddard 11-02-2006 07:35 PM

and finally

While looking for something else, I discovered that years ago I had made a zip file of all the necessary stuff and put it in a zip file.

No longer frustrated

beglobal 11-02-2006 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgoddard
While looking for something else, I discovered that years ago I had made a zip file of all the necessary stuff and put it in a zip file.

No longer frustrated

so that means u donīt need help anymore?????? :hmm2: