Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to learn Networking (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t375451-how-to-learn-networking.html)

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhcm1hX0luZGlh?= 11-01-2006 06:53 AM

How to learn Networking

Hi, I am in India. My office computers are networked using Windows 2000/2003
server with Switch, Router etc. I am suggested by a superior to learn
Networking in order to find opportunity in "Server Room".

Please guide me if my enrolling for a MCSE 2003 course will help.

Thank you.

CertGuard 11-01-2006 01:07 PM

Re: How to learn Networking

"Sharma_India" <SharmaIndia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I am in India. My office computers are networked using Windows
> 2000/2003
> server with Switch, Router etc. I am suggested by a superior to learn
> Networking in order to find opportunity in "Server Room".
>
> Please guide me if my enrolling for a MCSE 2003 course will help.
>
> Thank you.

Another case of 'Not Enough Information'. If all you need is networking, go
to www.Cisco.com and work on the CCNA Program.

HTH

HAND
--
CertGuard
You Think you know IT?!

Cerebrus 11-01-2006 08:43 PM

Re: How to learn Networking

Sharma_India wrote:

> Hi, I am in India. My office computers are networked using Windows 2000/2003
> server with Switch, Router etc. I am suggested by a superior to learn
> Networking in order to find opportunity in "Server Room".
>
> Please guide me if my enrolling for a MCSE 2003 course will help.
>
> Thank you.

Go to Orkut... They call themselves the "Social Networking site" !

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhcm1hX0luZGlh?= 11-02-2006 04:09 AM

Re: How to learn Networking

Thank you, CertGuard, for advice. Sorry for "not enough information". My
present work include most clerical jobs on computer using
MS-Office/emailing/Internet searching. My boss will be retiring in one year's
time. If I learn Computer Networking in this time, I may get accommodated
into IT dept.

Please advice.

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhcm1hX0luZGlh?= 11-02-2006 05:16 AM

Re: How to learn Networking

Dear Cerebrus, your reply is unclear. Could you please tell me more.
Regards

Cerebrus 11-02-2006 09:49 AM

Re: How to learn Networking

Sharma_India wrote:

> Thank you, CertGuard, for advice. Sorry for "not enough information". My
> present work include most clerical jobs on computer using
> MS-Office/emailing/Internet searching. My boss will be retiring in one year's
> time. If I learn Computer Networking in this time, I may get accommodated
> into IT dept.
>
> Please advice.

My advice to you would be join a good networking course/institute...
possibly JetKing ?

FrisbeeŽ 11-02-2006 01:10 PM

Re: How to learn Networking

"Sharma_India" <sharma.business@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear Cerebrus, your reply is unclear. Could you please tell me more.
> Regards

WHOA! This one has half a clue! He didn't say "rgs" or "rgds"

Or "pls" or "ur"

CBIC 11-02-2006 01:58 PM

Re: How to learn Networking

"FrisbeeŽ" <billLASTNAME@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Sharma_India" <sharma.business@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Dear Cerebrus, your reply is unclear. Could you please tell me more.
>> Regards

> WHOA! This one has half a clue! He didn't say "rgs" or "rgds"
>
> Or "pls" or "ur"

Then we should be thanking him for kindly doing the needful.

Cerebrus 11-02-2006 04:31 PM

Re: How to learn Networking

> "Sharma_India" <sharma.business@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Dear Cerebrus, your reply is unclear. Could you please tell me more.
> > Regards

Tell you more about what ? Sorry, your message seems to have been
swallowed by Google. (i.e., it doesn't show up in Google groups)

=?Utf-8?B?VGVyZW5jZSBSYWJl?= 11-03-2006 04:38 PM

RE: How to learn Networking

Dear Sharma_India,

The MCSE certification is too much to start with. If you wish to work on
supporting your company network then the MCDST and then MCSA certifications
are more suitable.

Hope that helps
Terence Rabe
MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, MCT