Velocity Reviews

-   -   VHDL Cross reference software (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t375419-vhdl-cross-reference-software.html)

khanh 10-31-2006 03:15 PM

VHDL Cross reference software

Anybody know a good cross reference software for VHDL ? I have found
some for C/C++, but not many for VHDL language.

Thanks,

Khanh

john Doef 11-02-2006 09:25 AM

Re: VHDL Cross reference software

khanh a écrit :

> Anybody know a good cross reference software for VHDL ? I have found
> some for C/C++, but not many for VHDL language.

I don't know what you mean exactly by 'good cross reference software',
but the free ghdl tool
has a cross reference feature.
See ghdl.free.fr and http://ghdl.free.fr/dlx/dlx_test_behaviour.28.html
for an example.

JD.

khanh 11-06-2006 04:52 PM

john Doef wrote:
> khanh a écrit :
>
> > Anybody know a good cross reference software for VHDL ? I have found
> > some for C/C++, but not many for VHDL language.

> I don't know what you mean exactly by 'good cross reference software',
> but the free ghdl tool
> has a cross reference feature.
> See ghdl.free.fr and http://ghdl.free.fr/dlx/dlx_test_behaviour.28.html
> for an example.
>
> JD.

What I mean is some software tools, which allows me to view the tree
structure of my VHDL source codes e.g. linkage between top-blocks,
sub-blocks, packages and so forth.

Thanks,

Khanh

wallge 11-08-2006 03:57 PM

Re: VHDL Cross reference software

emacs with the LISP vhdl-mode plugin will (kind-of) do this
plus emacs with the plugin is the best VHDL editor in my opinion...