Velocity Reviews

-   -   Comment on AdBlock Plus and AdBlock (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t375356-comment-on-adblock-plus-and-adblock.html)

History Fan 10-30-2006 01:01 PM

Comment on AdBlock Plus and AdBlock

If you are going to try one of these extensions, I would recommend NOT
installing a filter. I have found that these filters block too many items I
DO want to see. I visited IMDb.com to watch a new movie trailer, and
AdBlock Filterset.G Updater blocked it. And the EasyList filter also
blocked out harmless non-ads from websites. Yes, you can manually tweak the
filter to allow certain items, but doing so is quite tedious. I prefer
Adblock, and manually adding items to the blacklist myself.

History Fan 10-30-2006 01:14 PM

Re: Comment on AdBlock Plus and AdBlock

"History Fan" <UnknownplacesonEarth@unknown11.com> wrote in message
> If you are going to try one of these extensions, I would recommend NOT
> installing a filter. I have found that these filters block too many items
> I DO want to see. I visited IMDb.com to watch a new movie trailer, and
> AdBlock Filterset.G Updater blocked it. And the EasyList filter also
> blocked out harmless non-ads from websites. Yes, you can manually tweak
> the filter to allow certain items, but doing so is quite tedious. I
> prefer Adblock, and manually adding items to the blacklist myself.

On second thought, I would recommend AdBlock Plus. It has more
options for blocking items on websites.

History Fan 10-30-2006 01:37 PM

Re: Comment on AdBlock Plus and AdBlock

> I prefer Adblock, and manually adding items to the blacklist myself.>

Although doing this is almost like trying to empty the Mississippi
River with a tea spoon. Since there are millions of ads out there.

JD 10-30-2006 05:38 PM

Re: Comment on AdBlock Plus and AdBlock

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 08:01:38 -0500, "History Fan"
<UnknownplacesonEarth@unknown11.com> wrote:

> If you are going to try one of these extensions, I would recommend NOT
>installing a filter. I have found that these filters block too many items I
>DO want to see. I visited IMDb.com to watch a new movie trailer, and
>AdBlock Filterset.G Updater blocked it. And the EasyList filter also
>blocked out harmless non-ads from websites. Yes, you can manually tweak the
>filter to allow certain items, but doing so is quite tedious. I prefer
>Adblock, and manually adding items to the blacklist myself.

Add imdb to the whitelist then.