Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Firefox (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f20-firefox.html)
-   -   Autofill and FF 2.0 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t374940-autofill-and-ff-2-0-a.html)

History Fan 10-21-2006 08:44 PM

Autofill and FF 2.0
 
One extension I rely on quite a bit is Autofill
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/184/

Its accuracy could be improved. But unlike similar Firefox extensions,
Autofill doesn't take up real estate with its own toolbar. Just a toolbar
icon.

However, Autofill hasn't been updated in quite some time, and the URL
above doesn't mention any compatibility with FF 2.0. Just wondering if any
2.0 users have tried installing this extension and if it works?

You would think Mozilla or even the IE team at Microsoft would make an
autofill of forms a regular part of their browsers.



Leonidas Jones 10-21-2006 08:59 PM

Re: Autofill and FF 2.0
 
History Fan wrote:
> One extension I rely on quite a bit is Autofill
> https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/184/
>
> Its accuracy could be improved. But unlike similar Firefox extensions,
> Autofill doesn't take up real estate with its own toolbar. Just a toolbar
> icon.
>
> However, Autofill hasn't been updated in quite some time, and the URL
> above doesn't mention any compatibility with FF 2.0. Just wondering if any
> 2.0 users have tried installing this extension and if it works?
>
> You would think Mozilla or even the IE team at Microsoft would make an
> autofill of forms a regular part of their browsers.
>
>


Have you tried Roboform?

http://www.roboform.com/

I don't use it, but people swear by it. It usually takes them a week or
so to get a version working with a new release, so I don't know about
using it with the RC.

As for AutoFill, I looked at their Mozdev project page, and its been
nearly two years since its been updated.

Lee


History Fan 10-21-2006 09:06 PM

Re: Autofill and FF 2.0
 
> Have you tried Roboform?
>
> http://www.roboform.com/
>
> I don't use it, but people swear by it. It usually takes them a week or
> so to get a version working with a new release, so I don't know about
> using it with the RC.
>
> As for AutoFill, I looked at their Mozdev project page, and its been
> nearly two years since its been updated.
>
> Lee
>



Roboform has gotten good reviews, but I believe it comes with its own
toolbar. I liked Autofill because it was merely a small icon on the FF
toolbar. Nice and simple. However, like you say, Autofill hasn't been
updated in a long time, so an alternative may soon be required. One review
of Autofill at the FF extension page mentioned a incompatibility problem
with FF 2.0.



SteveG 10-22-2006 10:25 AM

Re: Autofill and FF 2.0
 
History Fan wrote:
>> Have you tried Roboform?
>>
>> http://www.roboform.com/
>>
>> I don't use it, but people swear by it. It usually takes them a week or
>> so to get a version working with a new release, so I don't know about
>> using it with the RC.
>>
>> As for AutoFill, I looked at their Mozdev project page, and its been
>> nearly two years since its been updated.
>>
>> Lee
>>

>
>
> Roboform has gotten good reviews, but I believe it comes with its own
> toolbar. I liked Autofill because it was merely a small icon on the FF
> toolbar. Nice and simple. However, like you say, Autofill hasn't been
> updated in a long time, so an alternative may soon be required. One review
> of Autofill at the FF extension page mentioned a incompatibility problem
> with FF 2.0.
>
>


I use RoboForm all the time and it's great. You can turn the toolbar off
and still use RF's form fill features by right clicking in the first
field to be filled and selecting "Fill Form" from the resulting menu.

HTH

--
Regards

Steve G

bassbag 10-22-2006 10:53 AM

Re: Autofill and FF 2.0
 
In article <957e4$453a8bd3$48311160$17521@FUSE.NET>,
UnknownplacesonEarth@unknown11.com says...
> > Have you tried Roboform?
> >
> > http://www.roboform.com/
> >
> > I don't use it, but people swear by it. It usually takes them a week or
> > so to get a version working with a new release, so I don't know about
> > using it with the RC.
> >
> > As for AutoFill, I looked at their Mozdev project page, and its been
> > nearly two years since its been updated.
> >
> > Lee
> >

>
>
> Roboform has gotten good reviews, but I believe it comes with its own
> toolbar. I liked Autofill because it was merely a small icon on the FF
> toolbar. Nice and simple. However, like you say, Autofill hasn't been
> updated in a long time, so an alternative may soon be required. One review
> of Autofill at the FF extension page mentioned a incompatibility problem
> with FF 2.0.
>
>
>

You dont have to have roboform toolbar enabled , in firefox.It can be run
just from the sys tray icon...which is how i use it.
me

History Fan 10-27-2006 07:54 PM

Re: Autofill and FF 2.0
 
"History Fan" <UnknownplacesonEarth@unknown11.com> wrote in message
news:a8982$453a8690$48311160$16030@FUSE.NET...
> One extension I rely on quite a bit is Autofill
> https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/184/
>
> Its accuracy could be improved. But unlike similar Firefox
> extensions, Autofill doesn't take up real estate with its own toolbar.
> Just a toolbar icon.
>
> However, Autofill hasn't been updated in quite some time, and the URL
> above doesn't mention any compatibility with FF 2.0.



I installed an extension called Nightly Tester Tools that disables
Firefox's compatibility checking. I have since installed AutoFill and it
works fine.



Leonidas Jones 10-27-2006 09:49 PM

Re: Autofill and FF 2.0
 
History Fan wrote:
> "History Fan" <UnknownplacesonEarth@unknown11.com> wrote in message
> news:a8982$453a8690$48311160$16030@FUSE.NET...
>> One extension I rely on quite a bit is Autofill
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/184/
>>
>> Its accuracy could be improved. But unlike similar Firefox
>> extensions, Autofill doesn't take up real estate with its own toolbar.
>> Just a toolbar icon.
>>
>> However, Autofill hasn't been updated in quite some time, and the URL
>> above doesn't mention any compatibility with FF 2.0.

>
>
> I installed an extension called Nightly Tester Tools that disables
> Firefox's compatibility checking. I have since installed AutoFill and it
> works fine.
>
>


Just make sure that as soon as an true updated version comes out, you do
update it. Otherwise, you will have to bump the extension with NTT
every time a security release comes out.

Lee


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.