Velocity Reviews

-   -   Bluetooth dongle and XP (SP 2) problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t374908-bluetooth-dongle-and-xp-sp-2-problem.html)

=?Utf-8?B?dmlr?= 10-20-2006 06:20 PM

Bluetooth dongle and XP (SP 2) problem

Hi,

i am having problems with setting up my desktop to be bluetooth capable. i
have an MSI PC2PC transceiver USB dongle

(requires widcomm driver) and my computer runs XP with SP2. This is how i
have proceeded so far:

1. Inserted the dongle in a USB port and XP recognizes it as a new hardware.
Latter pops up an installation wizard.
2. i point the wizard to the cd drive which contains the CD-ROM with the
drivers and the installation proceeds

successfully.

To confirm this installation, the bluetooth device is recognized (MSI USB
Bluetooth Device) in the device manager

window under the Universal Serial Bus Controllers node. Note that unlike
several articles on the microsoft support

website, i do not have the Bluetooth Radio node in the device manager
window. Is this a problem ?

Moreover, there are no bluetooth icons in the notification area of the
taskbar. Also, i cannot see any bluetooth

services running (services.msc). Furthermore, the control panel does not
have any bluetooth applet. In other terms,

running bthprops.cpl has no consequence. Finally, when i use my phone to
discover my computer as a bluetooth capable

device, it finds nothing. (The phone has detected and can detect other
bluetooth capable devices)

Clearly, the driver installation with the wizard step above is incorrect or
incomplete.

The device works on a friend's computer and i have reinstalled xp with sp2
already twice to confirm this problem.

Would you have any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

vik

Homer Jay 10-20-2006 06:45 PM

Re: Bluetooth dongle and XP (SP 2) problem

This is what you need to take a look at http://www.jonsguides.com/bluetooth/

I had the same problem a while back with an MSI Bluetooth dongle, following
the info at that website fixed it for me.

Good Luck.