Velocity Reviews

-   Software (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f6-software.html)
-   -   Java Beginners (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t374891-java-beginners.html)

Still Bill 10-20-2006 11:22 AM

Java Beginners

Java is everywhere - driving the web in particular - My interest is to use Java driving real world applications through USB using applications on a PC/ Notebook or through the web - I have little knowledge - read 3 books and block designed a USB driven 200 channel theatre / disco lighting system. The strength of Java is its ability to work on any platform - by a combination of compiled and interpreted code - but when it comes to touching the real world there is a conflict of philosophies Java floats free of operating systems whereas the specifics of an OS must be referred to when interfacing real world applications. I have seen a couple of adverts for software claiming to bridge the void. I suspect they use a combination of Java and some other O.O. L (C?) but it seems to me that a concerted effort on the web would produce a general range of solutions leading to a suite of interfaces enough Responses?

raghukiran 03-25-2007 01:33 PM

hi every one i have installed j2se1.4,tomcat1.4 on my computer.somebody help me,what are other software regarding j2ee are to be installed.

iman246105 10-15-2007 06:01 PM

I have problem in java program if someone can help me will be very appreciate.

smartboy07 02-19-2008 10:13 AM

Can somebody please advise me on where to get the best Java compiler E.G javac.

Thanks