Velocity Reviews

-   -   pre-layout simulation for lsi_10k netlist using ncvhdl (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t374876-pre-layout-simulation-for-lsi_10k-netlist-using-ncvhdl.html)

Jim 10-20-2006 05:29 AM

pre-layout simulation for lsi_10k netlist using ncvhdl

Hello. I am trying to simulate a gate-level netlist synthesized from
lsi_10k stdcell library using ncsim. However, ncvhdl cannot even
compile the libary file lsi_10k_FTGS.vhd, maybe because it is necessary
to setup some synopsys libraries first. Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks,
Jim

Ajeetha 10-20-2006 04:52 PM

Re: pre-layout simulation for lsi_10k netlist using ncvhdl

Jim,
Can you elaborate on "ncvhdl cannot even compile the libary file
lsi_10k_FTGS.vhd" - what sort of errors are you seeing? I haven't used
this specific library only the tool - ncvhdl.

Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

Jim 10-21-2006 01:46 AM

Re: pre-layout simulation for lsi_10k netlist using ncvhdl

Hi Ajeetha,

It seemed that the compiler could not find certain synopsys libraries
such as IEEE.GS_TYPE which are used by lsi_10k_FTGS.vhd , so I compiled
the library source files which were shipped with design compiler using
ncvhdl, but I am sure if this was the right way to setup the libraries
for ncvhdl. Finally, I got the following error message:

attribute PROPAGATE_VALUE of tpdB_Z_F: constant is

ncvhdl_p: *W,ASILDR (lsi_10k_FTGS.vhd,64|39): illegal entity designator
[5.1].

I am really confused because it looks like that ncvhdl does not support
certain features used by lsi_10k_FTGS.vhd. Do you have any clue how to
deal with it?

Thanks,
Jim