Velocity Reviews

-   -   Using multiple BT adapters on one machine? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t374584-using-multiple-bt-adapters-on-one-machine.html)

Daniel 10-13-2006 04:59 PM

Using multiple BT adapters on one machine?

Hi all,

First, sorry for cross-posting but i didn't know where to post this.

I need to use more than one Bluetooth adapter on a single Windows
machine. Seeing how this is handled by the MS and Widcomm stacks i get
the impression that this is not supported by BT generally.

Is there a way to work around this limitation?

thanks a lot,
Daniel

Yves Leclerc 10-13-2006 08:57 PM

Re: Using multiple BT adapters on one machine?

Why do you need more than one Bluetooth adapter? Most Widcomm (Broadcom)
adapters handle 7 devices, including audio.

--
---

Y.

Ben Voigt 10-13-2006 09:09 PM

"Yves Leclerc" <yvesleclercNOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Why do you need more than one Bluetooth adapter? Most Widcomm (Broadcom)
> adapters handle 7 devices, including audio.

They could be physically separated. Not every bluetooth adapter is embedded
in a notebook computer, many are USB and can be up to something like 10
meters from the USB root hub.