Velocity Reviews

-   -   Linksys DHCP issue... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t37455-linksys-dhcp-issue.html)

ad_man620@yahoo.com 01-31-2005 03:28 PM

Linksys DHCP issue...

All of a sudden the DHCP functionality on my Linksys BEFW11S4 router
has quit working. For years I have been using static IP addresses but
2 weeks ago I switched to DSL and configured the router to
automatically assign the addresses due to changing DNS server
addresses. The router worked flawlessly since the conversion but
stopped assigning addresses yesterday. Everything else within the
router appears to be working correctly if I assign a static IP address
to the clients and then enter the DNS server address listed in the
routers configuration that it obtained when it initiated the PPoE
communication with my ISP.

I have version 2 of the router running firmware version 1.45. I have
reset the router several times to no avail. Linksys has recommended
reflashing the router's firmware.

I am thinking of replacing it with a Linksys WRT54GS router so I can
upgrade to the 802.11g standard over a period of time. Does anyone
have any opinions on this router?