Velocity Reviews

-   -   Help me on learning e language (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t374398-help-me-on-learning-e-language.html)

hitsx@hit.edu.cn 10-10-2006 04:10 AM

Help me on learning e language

I am a post-guaduate student who is a new comer for e language. In the
lab I have the specman and ncverilog software to practise my ideas.

After serveral days of learning, I have already being familiar with
this language and I make a very simple DUT fore test, which includes a
XOR and a DFF. I write the makefile to do the workflow, and it works
well.

But for e language, its application is in the large design to take the
advantage of modeling and random test generation. However I just make a
very simple test and then I do not know what to do in further steps.

I checked the examples in the specman installation direcotry, but many
of them were also XOR examples. And the tutorial of specman made the
DUT in e language, which is unrealistic in real digital designs.

My problem is that where I can find some bigger or more complex
examples of DUT, and then I can construct the e models and do the
verification. I think this type of learning would let me learn more
about the e language in order to be quanlified in this field.

Thanks for all.

Hans 10-10-2006 07:49 AM

Re: Help me on learning e language

I know that 'e' is a powerful language but if you do a google search you
will find that the industry is generally moving away from 'e' in favour of
the languages like SystemC and SystemVerilog, so for your future EDA job
prospects I would focus my effort on those languages :-)

Also, you might get more response by posting on the Verification Guild Forum
http://verificationguild.com/index.php

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

news:1160453459.723123.222920@m73g2000cwd.googlegr oups.com...