Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cp1252 problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t373006-cp1252-problem.html)

=?iso-8859-1?B?bW9vcJk=?= 09-27-2006 01:15 PM

Cp1252 problem

Hi,
My source file has Chinese characters in it, when saving the file
Eclipse alerts it cannot be saved due to "Some characters cannot be
mapped using "Cp1252" character encoding.". Why? Is it the problem
about Unicode support? My machine is running on WinXP x64 Pro English.

Regards,
Sam Huang

Hendrik Maryns 09-27-2006 02:09 PM

Re: Cp1252 problem

Mike Schilling 09-27-2006 02:20 PM

Re: Cp1252 problem

"moopT" <samhng@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1159362944.525431.322970@i3g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
> Hi,
> My source file has Chinese characters in it, when saving the file
> Eclipse alerts it cannot be saved due to "Some characters cannot be
> mapped using "Cp1252" character encoding.". Why? Is it the problem
> about Unicode support? My machine is running on WinXP x64 Pro English.

Because Cp1252 doesn't contain thsoe characters. Try saving the file in,
say, UTF-8, which contains all of Unicode.