Velocity Reviews

-   -   Speedtouch 576 hangs at "Acquiring Network Address" Wireless (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t371982-speedtouch-576-hangs-at-acquiring-network-address-wireless.html)

Ali Chambers 09-21-2006 03:55 PM

Speedtouch 576 hangs at "Acquiring Network Address" Wireless

Hi,

I'd be really grateful for any advice here:

I have a Intel Centrino Fujitsu laptop with a built in wireless card.
The wireless card connects to other wireless networks but not my home
one.

I also know my home network works, as I am using my fujitsu laptop with
an ethernet cable. My second laptop connects via wireless to my home
network fine.

When I try to connect via wireless on my fujitsu laptop to my home
network, I get:

"Connecting..."
and it hangs at:
"Acquiring Network Address"....

I've tried disabling the firewall, restarting the wireless connection
and nothing works!

I'm using AOL (UK) broadband with a Speedtouch 576 router.

Oh - I can get the laptop to connect to AOL by disabling WEP security
on the router. But I don't want to have to use an unsecured network.

Can anyone help!
Thanks - alex