Velocity Reviews

-   Software (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f6-software.html)
-   -   explorer.exe not working (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t371776-explorer-exe-not-working.html)

sagargoel 09-21-2006 01:09 PM

explorer.exe not working

Hi all!
My explorer.exe file does not run so I cannnot open any explorer windows. I am forced to open files and programs using commands in task manager. When i try to open explorer.exe application in task manager it gives an error message saying "This application could not be opened because xpcom.dll was not found. Re-installing this application may fix this problem".
Kindly suggest some remedy for this.
Moreover I cannot reinstall windows again as I have a linux (red hat) partition as well which might be deleted if i reinstall windows.
regards,
sagar

BabuA 09-22-2006 05:19 PM

hi,

i think xpcom.dll has been Corrupted from the system directory.

so copy that file from some other systems or it is a downloaded file only, you can get it from

http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-.../download.html

Copy this file to system directory and then register this file manualy by using "Regsvr32"

i hope this will be useful

Babu A

sagargoel 09-22-2006 07:07 PM

Hi Babu!
I downloaded and copied xpcom.dll file in both system and system32 folder and run "regsvr32 /i xpcom.dll" but it still gives an error "This application has failed to start because nspr4.dll was not found.Re-installing the application may fix this prolem".After i click on ok it says "Loadlibrary ("xpcom.dll") failed- The specified module could not be found.
what do u suggest i do? did i register it in the right way in the first place?
looking fwd to ur reply,
a tired n helpless soul,
sagar