Velocity Reviews

-   -   block Ares (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t371476-block-ares.html)

felixthoemmes@gmail.com 09-19-2006 05:10 AM

block Ares

Hi,

is there a way that I can block Ares File-sharing software from a small
home network (three PC's on a router) if I have access to the router's
setup. I tried Firewall Software and seem to be able to block only the
connections on my PC. I also tried to filter IP's but just blocking the
one that Ares uses as a standard out TCP (35055) doesn't seem to work.
I also heard that Ares can poke through a firewall???
Sorry, I am a real newbie... any suggestion is appreciated!

Felix