Velocity Reviews

-   -   ARP table (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t370902-arp-table.html)

thejim 09-15-2006 05:38 PM

ARP table

Where is the ARP table located?
Is it located in the NIC,router or switch?

Sam Wilson 09-15-2006 05:44 PM

Re: ARP table

In article <1158341906.859249.271170@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups .com>,
"thejim" <papageorgiou40@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Where is the ARP table located?
> Is it located in the NIC,router or switch?

What makes you think there's only one ARP table? And we tell you the
answer can we have a share of your credits?

(Apologies if I've misread you - the way you phrase the question makes
it look like part of a networking test. It's not a question many people
would think to ask in real life.)

Sam

Make 09-15-2006 05:44 PM

Re: ARP table

> Where is the ARP table located?
> Is it located in the NIC,router or switch?

NIC (or computer) and router has arp table.

BernieM 09-16-2006 07:34 AM

Re: ARP table

"Make" <make@eimaken.com> wrote in message
news:cEBOg.12680$AL.5798@reader1.news.jippii.net.. .
>> Where is the ARP table located?
>> Is it located in the NIC,router or switch?

> NIC (or computer) and router has arp table.

and so does a managed switch.