Velocity Reviews

-   -   To maintain special characters in java (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t369946-to-maintain-special-characters-in-java.html)

Elbrethril 09-11-2006 09:40 PM

To maintain special characters in java

I must elaborate a text (extract from a file) that contains characters
(type ). How can I conserve them after the elaboration? thanks

Oliver Wong 09-11-2006 09:59 PM

Re: To maintain special characters in java

"Elbrethril" <enomist@libero.it> wrote in message
news:1158010818.138454.41130@m73g2000cwd.googlegro ups.com...
> I must elaborate a text (extract from a file) that contains characters
> (type ). How can I conserve them after the elaboration? thanks

It's not clear to me what you mean by "Elaborate", but you might want to
google for these keywords, to see if documents addressing your problem come
up: encoding, charset, unicode.

- Oliver

Elbrethril 09-11-2006 10:12 PM

Re: To maintain special characters in java

> It's not clear to me what you mean by "Elaborate"

ok. sorry for my english...
I have a text-file that including these characters, I must write a java
class that modifies the text, maintaining thes special characters.

thanks
Simone

Elbrethril 09-11-2006 10:12 PM

Thomas Kellerer 09-11-2006 10:49 PM

Elbrethril wrote on 12.09.2006 00:12:
>> It's not clear to me what you mean by "Elaborate"

> ok. sorry for my english...
> I have a text-file that including these characters, I must write a java
> class that modifies the text, maintaining thes special characters.

Make sure you use a Reader (e.g. FileReader) together with the approriate
encoding to read the file, and then later use a Writer (e.g. FileWriter) to
write the file with the approriate encoding.

See:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutor...arstreams.html

Thomas