Velocity Reviews

-   -   default cisco telnet username (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t369072-default-cisco-telnet-username.html)

tony 09-07-2006 05:36 AM

default cisco telnet username

I enabled telnet on my cisco switch but when i telnet in, it asks for
username. What is the default username on a 4506 switch?

Merv 09-07-2006 12:10 PM

Re: default cisco telnet username

tony wrote:
> I enabled telnet on my cisco switch but when i telnet in, it asks for
> username. What is the default username on a 4506 switch?

did you config 'loging local" on the vty s?

do you still have console access ?

if you have console access then try configuring a username and password

config t
username <place name here> secret <place password here>
end
wri mem

LinkWaves 09-07-2006 05:41 PM

Re: default cisco telnet username