Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cisco 1841 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t368693-cisco-1841-a.html)

PDI 09-05-2006 04:16 PM

Cisco 1841

Hi All

I have the chance to get my hands on a couple of routers to build a
home lab. I can get a 1841-T1 or an 1811/K9 - at a reasonable cost!
The former has a CSD/DSU for T1 that is of no use to me at this point
(at least is is modular and I may be able to use it elsewhere).
From what I have read it has built in ethernet ports that are there to
replace a WIC-1ENET interface card to give you wan connectivity via
broadband, i.e. cable. These I should be able to config as interfaces
in the OS. Since I have not worked with these units is this a
correct assumption?

Thanks

Jerry