Velocity Reviews

-   -   FIREFOX 2.02B BETA (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t368480-firefox-2-02b-beta.html)

Ron 09-04-2006 02:48 PM

FIREFOX 2.02B BETA

I am using Firefox ver 2.02b.......and so far I like it a lot

Ron...

Ron 09-04-2006 03:31 PM

Re: FIREFOX 2.02B BETA

Ron wrote:
> I am using Firefox ver 2.02b.......and so far I like it a lot
>
> Ron...

Sorry about the multiple posts ...don't know what happen with that!

Ron

kes 09-04-2006 05:11 PM

Re: FIREFOX 2.02B BETA

Ron wrote:
> I am using Firefox ver 2.02b.......and so far I like it a lot
>
> Ron...

How many of your existing extensions work with it? Wake me up when
'Tab mix plus' is ready.

Splibbilla 09-05-2006 05:09 AM

Re: FIREFOX 2.02B BETA

"kes" <kes@bugs-r-us.dot.com> in news:44fc5e30@news.vo.lu:

> Ron wrote:
>> I am using Firefox ver 2.02b.......and so far I like it a lot
>>
>> Ron...

> How many of your existing extensions work with it? Wake me up when
> 'Tab mix plus' is ready.

ff2 has (crash) sessoin save built in.
also open tab in background
color can eb set in userchrome
what tmp features do you like the most (inseparably addicted) :-)

have you tried "forcing" tmp with the nightly tester tool ext?
doesn't teh tmp site have a beta/dev version of tmp? (IIRC they had one when ff1.5 was not yet released)

otherwise, checking tmp forums (via rss if you like?) migth tell you when tmp works with ff2beta
and you could occasional trying new tmp versions in temporary ff2b profiles (can delete test profile if tmp fails, each time that
occasoinal tryout fails)

--
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22ex...+go%22+%22sane
+person

kes 09-05-2006 07:23 AM

Re: FIREFOX 2.02B BETA

"Splibbilla" <Splibbilla@Splib.bit.blip.blop> wrote in message
> "kes" <kes@bugs-r-us.dot.com> in news:44fc5e30@news.vo.lu:
>
>> Ron wrote:
>>> I am using Firefox ver 2.02b.......and so far I like it a lot
>>>
>>> Ron...

>> How many of your existing extensions work with it? Wake me up when
>> 'Tab mix plus' is ready.

> ff2 has (crash) sessoin save built in.
> also open tab in background
> color can eb set in userchrome
> what tmp features do you like the most (inseparably addicted) :-)
>
> have you tried "forcing" tmp with the nightly tester tool ext?
> doesn't teh tmp site have a beta/dev version of tmp? (IIRC they had
> one when ff1.5 was not yet released)
>
> otherwise, checking tmp forums (via rss if you like?) migth tell you
> when tmp works with ff2beta
> and you could occasional trying new tmp versions in temporary ff2b
> profiles (can delete test profile if tmp fails, each time that
> occasoinal tryout fails)

Spilbbilla asks:
> what tmp features do you like the most (inseparably addicted) :-)

The 'Display' menu features are my favourites - restricting the tab
width is a must for users with small screens. Also, 'Close tab button
'X' - how can anyone live without this?

As for the rest of things you suggest (scouring nightly tester tool,
tmp forums for betas etc) - not on my main machine.

The killer for me so far - on the (a Win98) machine I experiment with
Betas, the FF2.0 beta 2 tabs don't work at all. Every link seems to
open in the same tab :-(

Lukan 09-30-2006 12:20 PM

Re: FIREFOX 2.02B BETA

> The 'Display' menu features are my favourites - restricting the tab
> width is a must for users with small screens. Also, 'Close tab button
> 'X' - how can anyone live without this?

Unnecessary if you have a middle mouse button.

Jim S 09-30-2006 12:37 PM

Re: FIREFOX 2.02B BETA

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 00:20:30 +1200, Lukan wrote:

>> The 'Display' menu features are my favourites - restricting the tab
>> width is a must for users with small screens. Also, 'Close tab button
>> 'X' - how can anyone live without this?

> Unnecessary if you have a middle mouse button.

Sorry I don't agree. I have a middle mouse button, but would rather not
chase around the tab-bar. A single fixed cancel button suits me best.
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK

Aido 09-30-2006 12:51 PM

Re: FIREFOX 2.02B BETA

Lukan wrote:
>> The 'Display' menu features are my favourites - restricting the tab
>> width is a must for users with small screens. Also, 'Close tab button
>> 'X' - how can anyone live without this?

> Unnecessary if you have a middle mouse button.

Where can I download it from? I've tried the Firefox & Mozzila sites
without success. Google doesn't help either.

Aido. :)>

History Fan 09-30-2006 01:42 PM

Re: FIREFOX 2.02B BETA

>Also, 'Close tab button
>>> 'X' - how can anyone live without this?

>> Unnecessary if you have a middle mouse button.

> Where can I download it from? I've tried the Firefox & Mozzila sites
> without success. Google doesn't help either.
>
> Aido. :)>

Is this what you're talking about?
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/785/

Jim S 09-30-2006 05:08 PM

Re: FIREFOX 2.02B BETA

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 09:42:01 -0400, History Fan wrote:

>>Also, 'Close tab button
>>>

>>> Unnecessary if you have a middle mouse button.

>> Where can I download it from? I've tried the Firefox & Mozzila sites
>> without success. Google doesn't help either.
>>
>> Aido. :)>

> Is this what you're talking about?
> https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/785/

I for one would like an add-on which does the opposite in FF2
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK