Velocity Reviews

-   -   Connecting Win98 platform to WinXP Pro platform (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t368275-connecting-win98-platform-to-winxp-pro-platform.html)

dancesportboston 09-02-2006 09:01 PM

Connecting Win98 platform to WinXP Pro platform

I have an old Win 98 system that I would like to connect to my new WinXP
system wirelessly. I have DSL with an 802.11N Router on the new system and
802.11G card on the old system. What is the best way to connect them so I
can access the web on both computers?

John Paul

Jeff 09-02-2006 10:36 PM

Re: Connecting Win98 platform to WinXP Pro platform

dancesportboston wrote:
> I have an old Win 98 system that I would like to connect to my new
> WinXP system wirelessly. I have DSL with an 802.11N Router on the new
> system and 802.11G card on the old system. What is the best way to
> connect them so I can access the web on both computers?

I am no expert, but I was in that same situation a year ago and the only way
I found to solve the problem was to install Netbeui on the network PCs.
That made the Win 98 SE PC connect fine and I think somebody told me it was
even more secure that way.

For what it is worth .......

Jeff