Velocity Reviews

-   -   generated clocks (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t368251-generated-clocks.html)

vic marks 09-02-2006 05:28 PM

generated clocks

Hi,

I need a suggestion in handling the generated clocks for synthesis, and DFT.
What kind of constraints would be used for generated-clocks during
synthesis, and DFT design.

Thanking you for help.

Best regards,
vic

KJ 09-02-2006 07:38 PM

Re: generated clocks

"vic marks" <rajan100000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:63881$44f9bf51$50392791$26622@news.chello.nl. ..
> Hi,
>
> I need a suggestion in handling the generated clocks for synthesis, and
> DFT.
> What kind of constraints would be used for generated-clocks during
> synthesis, and DFT design.

Same constraints as with any other clock signal; namely, setup time and hold
time for inputs, clock to output for outputs

KJ

arant 09-03-2006 08:34 AM

Re: generated clocks

If you are usinng DCyou can use the create_generated_clock constraint
Check out DC's man pages about usimg this command