Velocity Reviews

-   -   ANNOUNCE: Syngress E-Book - Sockets, Shellcode, Porting & Coding (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t368164-announce-syngress-e-book-sockets-shellcode-porting-and-coding.html)

erg 09-02-2006 01:15 AM

ANNOUNCE: Syngress E-Book - Sockets, Shellcode, Porting & Coding

There is PDF of a very good Syngress book titled

Sockets, Shellcode, Porting & Coding
Reverse Engineering Exploits And Tool Coding For Security Professionals

uploaded as a torrent at http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3518264/

I would highly recommend you to take a look at it, especially chapter 12
about writing exploits for the Metasploit Framework.
This part (about 50 pages) of the book is also available as a sample
directly from Syngress at http://www.syngress.com/book_catalog...SPC/sample.pdf
but if you're interested in the topic, I suggest you get the whole e-book
with almost 700 pages of very informative and in-depth content.

Synopsis
This book is logically divided into 5 main categories with each category
representing a major skill set required by most security professionals:
1. Coding: The ability to program and script is quickly becoming a
mainstream requirement for just about everyone in the security industry.
This section covers the basics incoding complemented with a slue of
programming tips and tricks in C/C++, Java, Perl and NASL.
2. Sockets: The technology that allows programs and scripts to communicate
over a network is sockets. Even though the theory remains the same
communication over TCP and UDP, sockets are implemented differently in
nearly ever language.
3. Shellcode: Shellcode, commonly defined as bytecode converted from
Assembly, is utilized to execute commands on remote systems via direct
memory access.
4. Porting: Due to the differences between operating platforms and language
implementations on those platforms, it is acommon practice to modify an
original body of code to work on a different platforms. This technique is
known as porting and is incredibly useful in real world environments since
it allows you to not recreate the wheel.
5. Coding Tools: The culmination of the previous four sections, coding tools
brings all of the techniques that you have learned to the forefront. With
the background technologies and techniques you will now be able to code
quick utilities that will not only make you more productive, they will arm
you with an extremely valuable skill that will remain with you as long as
you make the proper time and effort dedications.

Greetings from Switzerland

erg

erg 09-08-2006 03:36 AM

Re: ANNOUNCE: Syngress E-Book - Sockets, Shellcode, Porting & Coding

the new URL is

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3520777

greets
erg