Velocity Reviews

-   Software (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f6-software.html)
-   -   <customErrors> tag should have its "mode" attribute set to "Off". (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t367699-customerrors-tag-should-have-its-mode-attribute-set-to-off.html)

jasari 08-30-2006 08:55 PM

<customErrors> tag should have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

Hi all,
I am running a vb.net application on windows 2003 server and the following error occures. I have checked the config file and the mode attrribute is set to "Off".

Any ideas what else might cause this error?

thanks

Server Error in '/abeltools/Admin' Application.

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

RaveeMathi777 08-31-2006 03:53 AM

1. Check if you have created the virtual directory for your application or delete the existing virtual directory, create a new Virtual directory, restart IIS and access your page.

If the problem persist, check the permission on your the following folder:
%WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Tempora ry ASP.NET Files
This folder should have 'full control' for LOCAL SERVICE,NETWORK SERVICE and the root folder of you website (e.g.WWWROOT) should have the 'full control' permission for LOCAL SERVICE, NETWORK SERVICE.

One of these options might help you to resolve.

Thanks,

jasari 09-13-2006 05:57 PM

Thanks for your response, recreating the virtual directory didn't solve the problem, so I checked the permission for the folder: The "Temporary ASP.NET" folder does have full control permission for both Local and Network services. They don't have special permissions though, does that matter?
How can I add Special permission for this folder?

thanks, J

fredde_d 04-04-2007 07:30 AM

Are you running the correct version of .net?

If your code is written in 2.0 but the virtual directory is configured for 1.1 you can experience that problem the the Off parameter doesn't have any effect.

/Fredrik

fredde_d 04-04-2007 07:31 AM

Sorry.. Just realized that this was an quite old post...

/Fredrik