Velocity Reviews

-   -   IE 7 RC1 vs. FF 1.5.0.6 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t366764-ie-7-rc1-vs-ff-1-5-0-6-a.html)

History Fan 08-25-2006 09:14 PM

IE 7 RC1 vs. FF 1.5.0.6

I installed IE 7 RC1 yesterday. So far, it is more stable than
previous versions of IE 7, and has less bugs. The new search engine is a
welcome addition. However, as of right now, only 24 search providers are
available to install. Whereas Firefox has hundreds, if not thousands to
choose from. The new interface of IE 7 will definitely take some getting
used to, if that's possible.

Having said that, I still feel Firefox is a FAR superior browser. The
main reason is that you can customize Firefox any way you want. Its like a
piece of plastic that you can mold to whatever shape you desire.

Plus, it seems every day or so a new extension is released that adds
additional capabilities to Firefox. When I use IE, I miss the convenience
offered by extensions like Unhide Passwords, Download Them All, Map This,
SearchBar Autosizer, Yahoo! Mail Notifier, etc....

IE 7 should be released out of beta around late October, early
November. It will be extremely interesting to see what the browser market
share is this time next year.

John 08-25-2006 11:39 PM

Re: IE 7 RC1 vs. FF 1.5.0.6

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 17:14:33 -0400, "History Fan"
<UnknownPlacesonEarth@unknown11.com> wrote:

> I installed IE 7 RC1 yesterday. So far, it is more stable than
>previous versions of IE 7, and has less bugs. The new search engine is a
>welcome addition. However, as of right now, only 24 search providers are
>available to install. Whereas Firefox has hundreds, if not thousands to
>choose from. The new interface of IE 7 will definitely take some getting
>used to, if that's possible.
>
> Having said that, I still feel Firefox is a FAR superior browser.

In that case, why even screw around with MSIE?

>The main reason is that you can customize Firefox any way you want. Its like a
>piece of plastic that you can mold to whatever shape you desire.
> Plus, it seems every day or so a new extension is released that adds
>additional capabilities to Firefox. When I use IE, I miss the convenience
>offered by extensions like Unhide Passwords, Download Them All, Map This,
>SearchBar Autosizer, Yahoo! Mail Notifier, etc....
>
> IE 7 should be released out of beta around late October, early
>November. It will be extremely interesting to see what the browser market
>share is this time next year.

John <><

Splibbilla 09-05-2006 06:22 AM

Re: IE 7 RC1 vs. FF 1.5.0.6

"History Fan" <UnknownPlacesonEarth@unknown11.com> in

> I installed IE 7 RC1 yesterday. So far, it is more stable than
> previous versions of IE 7, and has less bugs. The new search engine
> is a welcome addition. However, as of right now, only 24 search
> providers are available to install. Whereas Firefox has hundreds, if
> not thousands to choose from. The new interface of IE 7 will
> definitely take some getting used to, if that's possible.
>
> Having said that, I still feel Firefox is a FAR superior browser.
> The
> main reason is that you can customize Firefox any way you want. Its
> like a piece of plastic that you can mold to whatever shape you
> desire.
>
> Plus, it seems every day or so a new extension is released that
> adds
> additional capabilities to Firefox. When I use IE, I miss the
> convenience offered by extensions like Unhide Passwords, Download Them
> All, Map This, SearchBar Autosizer, Yahoo! Mail Notifier, etc....
>
> IE 7 should be released out of beta around late October, early
> November. It will be extremely interesting to see what the browser
> market share is this time next year.

october? then maybe should be comparing firefox2 (or ff3?) to ie7
does ie7 have spellchukker?

--
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22ex...+go%22+%22sane
+person