Velocity Reviews

-   Hardware (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f5-hardware.html)
-   -   ASUS P4T-E dies... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t366731-asus-p4t-e-dies.html)

r@d@r 08-25-2006 06:33 PM

ASUS P4T-E dies...

I am looking for my third socket 478 P4T-E now... This started out as such a good board [instantly overclocked my 1.6 to 2.2] but now I hate it.

I had exactly the same experience with this board twice, both times the mobo died and computer would not reboot... fans/drives powered on fine, no beeps... Tried new everything (piecewise) not suspecting the mobo until that was all that was left. R^2 mobo and everything works again - yea! (until that one died again now 1yr later).

Now I am stuck with a bunch of RDRAM and a top-end AGP video card that still has a lot of (half)life in it... Any suggestions (these boards are hard to find).