Velocity Reviews

-   -   Firewall rules to allow Cisco vpn (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t36575-firewall-rules-to-allow-cisco-vpn.html)

Diego B. 12-06-2004 05:30 PM

Firewall rules to allow Cisco vpn

Hi,

A number of users use the Cisco Vpn client to connect to their Cisco Vpn
gateway in order to have the access to their company and there is a
firewall in between.

Could you please help me in identifying the network requirements (used
ports/protocols) of the Cisco Vpn solution in order to set up the
firewall rules and grant the access?

I know that the question is quite general, but do you know a possible
article that could explain the protocols used by the Cisco Vpn
connectivity?

Thank you in advance!
Best regards!
Diego.

Walter Roberson 12-06-2004 06:45 PM

Re: Firewall rules to allow Cisco vpn

In article <6H0td.31698$k4.612520@news1.nokia.com>,
Diego B. <antispam_address@nameless.info> wrote:
:A number of users use the Cisco Vpn client to connect to their Cisco Vpn
:gateway in order to have the access to their company and there is a
:firewall in between.

:Could you please help me in identifying the network requirements (used
:ports/protocols) of the Cisco Vpn solution in order to set up the
:firewall rules and grant the access?

Gee, it seems like just yesterday that I last answered this question,
but I'm wrong: it was actually two days ago.

http://groups.google.ca/groups?selm=...c.umanitoba.ca
--
Pity the poor electron, floating around minding its own business for
billions of years; and then suddenly Bam!! -- annihilated just so

mprasad079 12-23-2012 08:36 AM

md5, aes/3des, def grou 2 and accesslist along with cryptomap and transformset.

If you do not have access list - it will show you incomplete crypto map.
ports are UDP 500/10000/50 and some tcp ports which you need to takeit from internet.

Once VPN is established, you will see qm_Idle