Velocity Reviews

-   Hardware (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f5-hardware.html)
-   -   Capture Videos (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t365731-capture-videos.html)

skyhorse33 08-21-2006 06:36 PM

Capture Videos

Hi, I am trying to capture some 8MM video movies on to my computer so that I may make a DVD. My computer system is Gateway E-4000 with a CPU Intel Pentium 4 , bus speed 100MHz, Motherboard Intel D845GRG, Bios Intel RG84510A.15A,Memory 256MB (2ns), Sound is a SoundMAX Digital Audio and Video is a Intel(R) 82845G Graphics Controller. I am using the ADS Instant DVD through the USB Cable to capture the pictures from a VCR. When the pictures are captured there is some flickering and lines of color show up in the picture. They also show up on the DVD. The manual says not to worry that the will not show up on the DVD while showing it in DVD player connected to your TV. But, not so they show up. I also try to capture from 8MM RCA camcorder. I can capture but I cannot make a DVD. After capturing and it begin to write it says cannot make DVD a file is missing. I would like to know what I can do to upgrade where I may be able to capture these movies. I am not looking for the best, but something better than I have now. Thank You and any help would be very much Appreciated ..skyhorse33